Greetings from the Nurse's Office!
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! As the full time nurse at DIS/DUES I strive to to meet the health needs of each student to support their academic success.
Here is a list of things that you can do at home to help keep your student healthy and at school:
- Start your child out with a healthy breakfast, either at home or here at school. Breakfast is available for purchase from 7:45am8:10am. Eating a good breakfast helps students concentrate better in class.
- Use proper hand washing after bathroom use, blowing nose, coughing, and sneezing.
- Drink plenty of fluids and stay hydrated.
- Keep your child on a schedule so they are getting a good night's sleep and feeling rested when coming to school.
- If your child has a fever more than 100 degrees Farhenheit, vomiting, or diarrhea; please keep them home.
- One of the most important things your child can do to achieve academic success, is to go to school every day. Your child's attendance record may be the biggest factor influencing his/her academic success. Please ensure that your child stays healthy and attends class every day!
Thank you for keeping them healthy, we will do the same here at School!!
Raegen Hubbard, RN
DIS/DUES School Nurse